Friday, June 1, 2007

HP Pavilion zv5240us Notebook PC Review


















Here's review from HP Pavilion zv5240us Notebook PC and this review come from an amazon customer, I hope this review helpul for you.

here's the review about HP Pavilion zv5240us Notebook PC


have only had the HP zv5240us for a week so it is somewhat premature to review it but I figured I would provide my initial findings. The bottome-line; you can't beat the price for what you get. So far I have had minimal problems. I had a problem with my wireless network connection disconnecting, but that appeared to be a Windows XP problem that was fixed with the help of HP Tech Support. As for performance, my biggest concern was the 4200 rpm HD. I do video editing with Adobe Premier 6.5 and I figured I would tax the system and see how the 4200 rpm drive could handle Premier. As expected, while capturing, frames were dropped, but it took alot to drop them. I had my Sony VX2000 video camera connected directly to the computer through the firewire cable and began capturing. The first test I performed consisted of slow and smooth pans and zooms on still objects with no frames dropped. I increased camera movement speed until frames began to drop. Although frames were dropped, the movement required to drop them was much faster than what I would consider to be standard videography practices and close to the point of nauseating. I also ran the same tests with an external 7200rpm HD and no matter what I did with the camera movement I could not get frames to drop. With the 4200rpm HD, I also rendered a short 20 or 30 second clip in Premier and it seemed to work fine. The clip consisted of dissolve transitions as well as some footage with adjusted speeds.
By Mchezz (Connecticut)

No comments: